More pieces of the IPv6 puzzle (Re: ISP with native ipv6 in isarael)

Yuval Adam yuval at y3xz.com
Fri Jan 29 15:25:27 IST 2016

On 01/29/2016 11:52 AM, Amos Shapira wrote:

> Does anyone here have experience with public IPv6 in the cloud
> (AWS/DigitalOcean/Google, in decreasing order of preference)?

Yes, I run my personal server on Digital Ocean + native IPv6 and it
works great.

Unfortunately, IPv6 support on AWS is partial, at best -
If you use Route53 for your DNS records you can assign AAAA records to
domains, but the Route53 nameservers do not publish any IPv6 addresses
so it's impossible to reach them on IPv6-only.
EC2 instances are not assigned IPv6 addresses, and you have to route
through an ELB if you want that.

No information on Google Cloud.