Distro recommendation

Geoffrey Mendelson geoffreymendelson at gmail.com
Sun Nov 19 10:18:47 IST 2017

On 11/19/2017 9:54 AM, Shlomo Solomon wrote:
> I don't want to start a Distro war, but ...
>
> I've been on Mandrake/Mandriva/Mageia for over 17!!!! years, but from
> what I've read, there are quite a few problems with Mageia 6 (I'm
> still on 5), and it's really strange that it's been 2 years in the
> making.

Mageia is maintained by Shlomi Fish and others. You probably should talk
to him. I don't use it because I only have servers, and they don't have
a oriented server distro.

> I definitely want to stay with KDE (never liked Gnome) and I really
> like how configurable Mageia is.
>
> I don't think this should be an issue, but my computer is fairly old (a
> 4 year old i5 Haswell CPU with 8 Gb).
Does it run 64 bit code? Some of the distros dropped x86, I know Ubuntu
did, but it came back with a "user group" provided sub distro.

> I've been thinking about Mint, Kubuntu or Fedora - any thoughts (or
> additional options)?

Linux Mint was developed and maintained by a raving lunatic anti-semite.
He demanded that his work had nothing to do with the IDF because it
violently oppresses the Palestinian people. That is impossible, because
many of the maintainers of all distros use code from Israel, and most of
the people here serve milluim.

He was eventually chastised to the point he claims he apologized, but if
you can find his apologies, it was for setting off the Jews who control
the world.  You probably can't find them, as when he was called out on
his slap in the face apologies,  he deleted all the relevant blog postings.

Geoff.
--
Geoffrey S. Mendelson, N3OWJ/4X1GM/KBUH7245/KBUW5379 Jerusalem, Israel