"antisemitic" Linux Mint [was: Re: Distro recommendation]

Shlomi Fish shlomif at gmail.com
Sun Nov 19 16:15:57 IST 2017

Hi all!

On Sun, Nov 19, 2017 at 2:16 PM, Yuval Adam <_ at yuv.al> wrote:

> While we're off-topic and discussing misinformation, it's important to
> note that being anti Israeli policies (military occupation of Palestine
> in this case) is not being anti-semitic.
>
> Some Zionists seem to be confused about the fact that it's possible to
> hold strong opinions against immoral and unjust actions taken by the
> state without those opinions being founded in racism.
>
> Of course if such racist claims were made directly that's definitely a
> problem.

just wanted to note that I agree in principle. Not every criticism of
certain Israeli policies is anti-Semitic. I've written about it in the past
here - http://www.shlomifish.org/philosophy/politics/define-zionism/ .

> On 11/19/2017 01:28 PM, Tzafrir Cohen wrote:
> > Off-topic:

> >> Linux Mint was developed and maintained by a raving lunatic
> anti-semite. He
> >> demanded that his work had nothing to do with the IDF because it
> violently
> >> oppresses the Palestinian people. That is impossible, because many of
> the
> >> maintainers of all distros use code from Israel, and most of the people
> here
> >> serve milluim.
> >>
> >> He was eventually chastised to the point he claims he apologized, but
> if you
> >> can find his apologies, it was for setting off the Jews who control the
> >> world.  You probably can't find them, as when he was called out on his
> slap
> >> in the face apologies,  he deleted all the relevant blog postings.
> >
> > He made such an ill-informed decleration long ago (some 10 years ago?).
> > If he tries to distance himself from Israel, he's not doing a very good
> > job: the "Partners" page on linuxmint.com[1] clearly lists CompuLab, a
> > long-time partner (they OEM the "mintBox") with an Israeli flag.
> >
> > [1] https://www.linuxmint.com/partners.php
> >
> > Please don't continue spreading this mis-information. Clem made a
> > mistake long ago. Let's move on.

Shlomi Fish http://www.shlomifish.org/

You can never truly appreciate The Gilmore Girls until you've watched it in
the original Klingon.