Open Source Physical Access Control Solutions in Israel?

Rabin Yasharzadehe rabin at rabin.io
Tue Oct 3 18:21:24 IDT 2017

I did some research about this some time ago,
and I found out you can use a basic/cheap RFID reader + RPi to achieve this,
my problem was that the cheap RFID reader i bought didn't come with any
documentation
and I only had a simple windows application which can do 3 actions Single
Read/Single write/reading in a loop
the driver was just a simple USB-2-SERIAL (FTDI) driver
and the application communicated via serial interface.
opening a serial-monitoring tool I found the command for each action.
... but this is where I stopped working on it.

but you can definitely make it a DIY project with the kids
you will also require to buy a electric lock and a relay (the RPi can't
drive/operate the lock directly)

--
Rabin