Copyright protection against hijackers (Re: New Nginx documentation for beginners)

Omer Zak w1 at zak.co.il
Sat Jun 15 12:59:42 IDT 2019

After reviewing the "problematic" section in Steve Litt's copyright
statement, I'd urge Steve Litt to retain the "problematic" section.

While the threat it is protecting him (and all of us) against does not
seem to exist today, it might re-emerge in the future.

The section in question is not more problematic than the various
boobytrap provisions which RMS added to the GPL to prevent it from
being nullified in court.

In fact, the more Websites add such provisions to their copyrights, the
more difficult would it be for transmission and storage actors in the
Internet to claim copyright in the material passing through them.

--- Omer Zak

--
"Prior to capitalism, the way people amassed great wealth was by
looting, plundering and enslaving their fellow man. Capitalism made it

They do not represent the official policy of any organization with
which I may be affiliated in any way.
WARNING TO SPAMMERS:  at https://www.zak.co.il/spamwarning.html