moving Kubuntu to a new drive

Geoffrey Mendelson geoffreymendelson at gmail.com
Wed May 1 08:07:43 IDT 2019

I tried clonzilla to move an lvm partitioned disk to a new one. it used various forms of dd copying.
The copy went sucessfully, but it did not boot. Fsck failed with hundreds if not thousands of bad files, duplicate inodes, etc.
In the end I just did a fresh install from the original distribution with no updates and no lvm, It booted properly, I rebooted from the install media, and then I copied using rsync all of the files off the old drive onto the new. i ran grub just to be sure.

Worked fine.

Geoff

Jerusalem, Israel