[RBS] Reminder: Electronics collection Sunday Apr. 5th

Renee Halpert reneeh at netvision.net.il
Thu Apr 2 01:06:36 IDT 2009

On Sunday, April 5th old electronics (e-waste) will be collected from Beit
Shemesh and Mateh Yehuda.

Pick-up points:
1/ PC Integrity computer store, Sheinfeld shopping centre, Givat Sharet.
Times: 14:00-18:00 ONLY

2/ Mateh Yehuda Regional Council (Moshav Nocham - next to Yeshivat Nachson)
Times: 10:00 - 18:00. A bin will be placed outside the Moetza building.

3/ Netiv HaLamed Hey, Vetigo Eco-Art village. Contact Dani Goldberg:
052-3377771

4/ Moshav Lion-Srigim: Friday, Apr, 03 10:00-14:30 at the Beit HaAm.

What to Bring:
Computers, printers, faxes, phones, radios, DVDs & video players, cords &
cables, transformers, mp3s, tape recorders, speakers, toaster ovens,
monitors. NOTHING larger than the size of a microwave.

The electronics will be collected by a licensed company which will then
separate the parts for recycling. Electronics contain 3 main components that
cause damage to our environment: plastics which do not decompose, heavy
metals and poisonous chemicals that leech when dumped in regular landfills,
polluting the ground water and potentially affecting our drinking water.

This project is organized by Shemesh Yehuda, a regional environmental forum
established in 2008.

For more information, contact Renee: 0523506592 or Sara (Hebrew): 0508511658
See also: www.planetnana.co.il/shemeshyehuda

- Renee Halpert