[RBS] Midrash shiurim - Vayikra Rabba

engelberg@ieee.org whyvette.e at gmail.com
Fri Apr 24 15:13:06 IDT 2009

Please reply to: "MaTaN Beit Shemesh" <matanbeitshemesh at gmail.com>

MaTaN Beit Shemesh invites you to a mini course
By Dr Moshe Shoshan on Midrash Vayikra Rabba

This class will introduce students to the study of classical midrash
aggadah through a careful reading of the first parasha of Vayikra
Rabba. This section deals with the figure of Moshe Rabbeinu and the
institution of prophecy in general. Through the class, students will
gain the tools necessary to study midrash on their own.

Dr. Shoshan has a PhD in Rabbinic Literature from The University of
Pennsylvania. His previous course on midrash at MaTaN Beit Shemesh was very
popular - we are thrilled that he can teach for us again now.

In Hebrew.
Monday mornings 8:45 – 10:00*
Venue: Netzach Menashe

* There has been a request to move the course to Wednesday morning at 9:30;
if you would be able to join on Wednesday please let me know asap - we will
move the course if enough people *let me know* that they would prefer it.
Either way it will take place on Monday morning this week (27 May 2009).

Evida Fenster