[RBS] please think before you endorse

Riva Riva at feldheim.com
Sat Apr 25 23:13:54 IDT 2009

I would just like to make what I feel is an important point about
endorsements or personal recommendations that are posted on this list. I
hope you'll excuse my two cents!

When someone gives a recommendation on this list for a craftsperson, a
store, etc., I think that many of us take that as a go-ahead to hire this
person or patronize this place. If that is the case, it is really important
that the recommendation be whole-hearted and genuine and not just because
the merchant asked for the pay-back! I say this because I recently relied on
a glowing recommendation posted to this list for a certain trade-person.
Unfortunately, I found that this trade-person did a terrible job and
overcharged me significantly for his work. Now, it could be that the person
who posted to the RBS List had a wonderful experience with this same
trade-person and the recommendation was sincere and well-deserved. But I
just ask that everyone think twice before posting because I believe that
many of us act based on these posts. It is a big "achrayus" to endorse
someone!

Thanks,
Riva

database 4035 (20090425) __________