[RBS] Shabbos Youth minyan-any takers?

jesica myers jesica5763 at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 7 03:37:06 IDT 2009

BS"D

Hi, my husband Moshe and a few others are trying to arrange for a Shabbat Youth minyan which has been given the green light by Aish Kodesh and Rav Shapira. It will IY"H be run in the downstairs room and can hold roughly 15-20 people.
This minyan will cater to teen boys from the age of 14-18 and will start at 9:30am unless they get a consensus to start at a different time. They should be done by around 11:45 and hope to have a light kiddush and short shmooze after for the boys. This is for boys who are not in the mainstream of frumkeit, who may be searching for their place in the kehilla and with their Yiddishkeit and we hope to provide them with a warm and inspiring minyan with guest speakers and the like.

This is NOT a late morning minyan for men to drop into and the ages shown above will be enforced allowing only for a few key men to help run the minyan and provide their expertise.

If anyone knows of boys in this age group that could benefit and could commit to the minyan, please either pass their names on to Moshe Myers at moshemyers at yahoo.com or you can give these boys his email address. At this stage we want to see if we can get a comittment from at least 8-10 boys and will have a few adults assisting and there to guarantee the minyan.

We have one young bachur that can lain about half of the parshiot but if anyone else out there wants to help with this, it would be greatly appreciated. If there are any men that would like to be a baal tefillah or help run the minyan, please also be in touch with Moshe.

Thank you and may Hashem grant success for this minyan that can help make a difference to our boys and kehilla at large.

Please do not reply to this email but send inquiries or suggestions to moshemyers at yahoo.com