[RBS] Please sign the Internet Petition for the Establishment of Gva'ot Beit Shemesh National Park

Catriel Lev clev at actcom.com
Sun Aug 9 20:54:41 IDT 2009

I was requested by the organizers (who are Bet Shemesh residents) to post this information; please call or Email THEM (Shlomo and Debbie whose phone numbers are listed below), not me, about any details which interest you:

We continue our work to maintain our active and vocal opposition to any proposals which will destroy the plans for a national park ("gan leumi") including Beit Natif and the historical and natural treasures of the landscape around RBS.

The recent city council vote and other city council actions have made it clear that a national park will only be established if there is massive pressure from the people of Beit Shemesh.  The alternative will be endless building of residential structures at the expense of the preservation of nature and of the beauty of this gorgeous land in which we are blessed to live.
Please help by the simple act of signing our online petition.  The link for signing is:
http://www.atzuma.co.il/petition/ganleumi/1.

The petition simply states our opposition to any city plans which do not adequately include the gan leumi.

Signing the petition requires only your name, age and teudat zehut number.
(It is set up so that people cannot view the signatures, so the information you provide will not be exposed on the internet.) For those who do not understand the Hebrew directions, the first line is your name (can be in English if you prefer), second line is age (so that the list may later, if necessary, be modified to include only adults), and the third line is your teudat zehut number.  If you wish to put in your email address, you may, but it is not required.  The box below that is for a comment, which is also only optional.  Then click on the Hebrew word "chatima" ("signing") and that's it. If you need assistance you can call the organizers (Shlomo and Debbie) whose phone numbers are listed below.

Please note that this petition is specifically for Beit Shemesh residents only.  We are drawing up another more general petition that will go to the much wider community of nature lovers, bicyclists, hikers, environmental groups, etc., all over Israel.
Those who have offered to collect signatures on the petition in their own neighborhoods/buildings/streets, please contact me with an update of how that is going.  Anyone who would like to do so in their own neighborhood, please let me know and thank you in advance!

If you have any questions or comments, contact:
Shlomo Shizgal:
penultimatejoker at gmail.com
Telephone: 991-0782

or Debbie Buckman: