[RBS] Sign Petition Against Religious Violence

David Bar-Cohn david at 613design.com
Mon Jul 20 05:35:37 IDT 2009

Friends & neighbors

The recent violence in Mea Shearim and right here in RBS has been
weighing heavily on me, as I'm sure it has been on many of you. Although
"this too shall pass" -- the violence eventually abates (temporarily at
least), the mark it leaves in the world remains etched indelibly in
people's minds and hearts.

If good, normal folks don't speak up -- especially normal religious Jews
-- then the world just draws its own conclusions. Silence speaks
volumes.

So... Wanting to offer an opportunity for those of you who'd like to
make your voices heard against violence in the name of Torah/Judaism, I
started an online petition.

Go to: http://www.petitiononline.com/jewsvox/

The idea is that for all the web searches turning up the violent
behavior of religious Jews, at least SOME searches will turn up this
petition -- where the voice of normal, reasonable, peace-seeking
religious Jews (and kindred spirits) can be heard in large numbers.

So if your heart moves you, please go ahead and sign! And if it REALLY
moves you, PASS THIS ON...

Thanks & best regards,
David Bar-Cohn