[RBS] translation of birth cert.

Margolit Wexler twex3 at 013.net
Thu Jun 11 21:44:05 IDT 2009

I went to the Misrad Hapnim today with my 2 week old baby to get a
translation of her birth certificate into English in order to be able to
apply for her American passport at the US Embassy.

The Misrad Hapnim refused to do it for me and said that I have to wait until
the baby is at least 1 month old before her te'udat zehut number is
registered in their system.

The issue is...that we are meant to travel next month and so I am pressured
for time.  I already had scheduled an appt. at the Embassy way before the
baby was born for this coming Mon.  I told this to the woman working at the
Misrad Hapnim and she said there was nothing she could do for me and that I
should postpone my travel date.

Has anyone else had this experience?  Is their anything I could do or
someone to speak to in order to expedite this process?
Any info or help with this would be greatly appreciated!!
Thanks in advance,
Margolit Wexler
999-0682
052-713-0682