[RBS] Housing Ministry Expansion Plans for RBS Gimmel

Mimi Kamilar mimikamilar at gmail.com
Mon Jun 22 14:10:43 IDT 2009

Here's a link to an (Hebrew) article written following Minister Atias' visit
to Beit Shemesh --

http://www.ladaat.net/article.php?do=viewarticle&articleid=5184

In a nutshell he says he has searched the entire country and the only viable

place for major construction is Beit Shemesh. Therefore, our city is now his
focal point. His plans are for construction of 23,000 housing units in the
FIRST stage of development.

This is the land that we the residents worked so hard to have approved as a
National Park before the
elections. We must make our voices heard. The Minister is meeting with a
group of citizens representatives tomorrow.
It is always possible to have some nice, quality building while not
destroying all the antiquities and green spaces. This is our interest -
residents of Beit Shemesh. It is not in the interest of the Municipality or
of the Ministry. We must make our voices heard if we want to save our city.

If we all cry out, we can save our city! Contact Housing Minister Atias'
office today before the meeting.
We need quality of life
We need a healthy city
We need some green
Our municipality is broke. We need programs for generating revenue, not for
continued draining of the empty coffers...

I understand there will be a public forum meeting at Matnas Meyerhoff (home
of Benjamin Library) in Givat Sharett on June 30th. Details to be posted by
the organising committe.