[RBS] give Likrat Kallah those new but never used household items

Pinhasik's saddav at zahav.net.il
Tue Mar 31 12:49:35 IDT 2009

While dilligently cleaning for Pesach, you've probably come across some
household items that you have never used and will probably never use.  As
long as they are new-Likrat Kallah will try to make a shidduch between them
and a Kallah.

Let me share with you a story that happened just last week in the gemach.  A
local resident gave the gemach a vegetable cutter(one of those cool "slice
it , dice
, it ....see those Julian fries" things).  A lovely couple from a yishuv,
came to our house on Thursday(we had a distribution day then and over 30
kallahs(B"H) came to get their items).  This particular couple is
originally from India, they have absolutely no family here and according to
the rav we spoke to- to clarify their financial need-they have absolutely
NOTHING in their home with which to begin their new lives.  What a mitzvah!
What happiness they expressed to get such an item(as well as 6 other very
useful household items.)

When I told the woman who had donated it, she was thrilled!  How happy she
was that this easy mitzvah (basically giving something away that she didn't
need as opposed to letting it sit one more year, collecting dust) had
granted such happiness to a young, struggling couple.

Join the band wagon.  Items, as well as monetary donations, can be dropped
off at Revivim 11/3.  Our number is 999-4463 -if you have trouble bringing
it-we'll try to pick-up.(We are a tax-exempt non-for-profit organization in
America.)

Thanks, Sadeena Pinhasik