[RBS] Information: looking to buy a car

shlomosomerstein shlomosomerstein at yahoo.com
Tue May 5 15:38:47 IDT 2009

Hi,
I am not too up on the most recent models, but a few tips from my car-buying experience:
You may want to see if you can hold out until around a month before the 2010 models come in (not sure when this is, seems to have changed recently). I got 15% off a 2006 model as the 2007s were coming in. Of course, the book value of the car is less, since it is considered a year old after only a month, but this didn't concern me
I would recommend NOT having the dealer add anything at all to the car (most big cars require expensive alarm systems for insurance). The dealer usually charges a lot more, and there is nobody to turn to if there is a problem
I personally have a Ssangyong rodius, which comes in a 9 seat model. You can see them a bit around the Rama. The car is not sold in America. It is a decent car, but the company is on the verge of bankruptcy, so caveat emptor
Good luck,
Shlomo