[RBS] The first recorded "simcha" in Bet Shemesh happened when? Chaim Friedman - Licensed Tour Guide can help answer the question

Adina and Charles Rosenstein cr1818 at netvision.net.il
Sun Nov 22 19:45:23 IST 2009

 The first recorded "simcha" in Bet Shemesh happened when?  Chaim Friedman - Licensed Tour Guide can help answer the question.

Shmuel Aleph Perek Vav Pasuk Yud Gimel   (1Samuel 6:13)

"The people of Bet Shemesh were reaping the wheat harvest in the valley, when they raised their eyes and saw the Ark, and they rejoiced to see it."

Bet Shemesh was a Jewish town on the "border" between Yehuda and the Plishtim. To the west of Bet Shemesh lived the Plishtim (a.k.a the Philistines (and the source of the name Palestine)). They were the Sea People (from Crete and the Aegean Islands) who "invaded" (Peleshet in Hebrew) and controlled the Coastal Plain (from today's Tel Aviv to Gaza), arriving prior to Yehoshua's conquest. During the period of the Shoftim - the Ark (Aron Luchot Habrit containing the tablets with the 10 commandments) was captured by the Plishtim. After the Ark caused major disturbances upon their people (and god Dagon), it was returned to Yehuda via a driverless carriage coming up Nachal Sorek led by two bulls - and there was much (actually too much) rejoicing in Shemeshville.

Read the full story in Shmuel Aleph Perek Vav.

If you are making a simcha and have family and friends coming from overseas, and you want to keep them busy and happy. I can help.

Let me take them on a tour through our beautiful Eretz Yisrael.

I will create an itinerary with you for maximum enjoyment for all ages.

And may there always be much rejoicing in Shemeshville.

Chaim Friedman

"Your Tour Guide in Israel"

Chaim at LeChaimTours.com

054.566.5090