[RBS] SUMMARY #2: switch from Meuhedet Adif to Sea?

Aryeh Koenigsberg aryeh.koenigsberg at gmail.com
Tue Nov 24 18:39:54 IST 2009

Listers,

As sometimes happens, the posted summary on a topic generates
even more responses, thus creating the need for a second summary.
This second summary below, though, has some valuable information,
plus, as a special bonus, some thoughts of my own on the topic.

The replies (continuing the count from the first summary, which appears
in full, below):

(13)
After several years of having C, the only advantage in my opinion is the
ability to go to a private doctor (with restriction that must be a head of
a department of professor etc..) 4 times a year and get back 85%

I used it every year and probably just about broke even, so it was worth it.

(14)
I also got a call, from what I understood was that they cover free
dental for kids and that they cover extreme cases, which Adif does not
cover.  For day to day use, it didn'tsound like they had more to offer
except for dental care.

(15)
for what it's worth, we examined both See and Adif in July and from
what I recall Adif seemed to offer no useful extra benefits unless
one is a Senior Citizen.

(16)
(From a phone conversation with a member of one the local Meuhedet
medical secretariats)

Here's a 43-page Hebrew PDF document describing the coverage offered by
Meuhedet Sea:
https://www.meuhedet.co.il/meuhedet/downloads/meuhedetC.pdf
(warning: may make your eyes glassy.)

And a 15-page  Hebrew PDF document summarizing Meuhedet Adif, including a
3-page chart comparing Adif and Sea:
https://www.meuhedet.co.il/meuhedet/downloads/adifBr.pdf

SPECIAL BONUS: SUMMARY-AUTHOR'S OWN PERSONAL YET
BRIEF OPINION:

The wide range of responses on this topic is likely attributable to
individual preferences, comforts, and medical needs, just as
a query such as "what type of toolbox should I buy?" (sorry, ladies,
for the man-oriented illustrative example) would generate a range
of responses.

The fact that your hardware store sells a toolbox that is sturdy, and
has lots of storage compartments plus a nifty lock, does not mean
that you, personally, should buy it. If you rarely need a toolbox, and
you have nothing to store in it, then you can probably get by with
a cheaper one.

So, it looks like the decision to switch from Meuhedet Adif to Sea
rests pretty much on your particular personal situation, and not on
any obvious pat information.

In conclusion, I'm ready to resolve this query and summary. But, I'm
still happy to accept responses, replies and feedback offline, which
I will post to the list if there is enough public interest, and if the
moderators haven't unsubscribed me by then.

--
Aryeh Koenigsberg