[RBS] Hebrew learning online

Yedgarno yedgarno at 012.net.il
Sun Oct 25 09:11:34 IST 2009

So You Want To Learn Hebrew! Try
http://istudyhebrew.com/index.asp?q=20&kbid=1875
You'll find in the following an article of someone someone who does it.
Natanella
Before making Aliyah the advisor told me, you know you can live in Jerusalem
work in English and never have to speak Hebrew...and he was right I could.
But I don't want to do that, I don't want to be like so many people I have
met that proudly say, "I have lived here for 20 years and don't speak a word
of Hebrew." I work as an English teacher, so the majority of my day is spent
speaking English, my Hebrew is what I have picked up on the way, I can get
by, order a taxi, give basic directions ( as long as the land marks contain
either traffic lights or bus stops! ) and make an appointment . Also I can
have a very meaningful Hebrew conversation with my friends language delayed
four year old , as we are both on the same level , but its about time one of
us advanced our language skills, and I guess I am the one to take the
plunge. Arriving at the stage where I am totally hindered by my lack of
Hebrew therefore , I have to move forward with my language acquisition
project! It won't be easy for me at 58, not only finding the time & energy
but also the right method of learning (My experience at ullpan was a short
lived thing ( six days ) for a variety of reasons ) However I normally rise
to a challenge ,have the motivation what's more take pleasure in
communicating with others . Knowing myself as well as I do, I know I will
get frustrated by having to remember masculine and feminine, (so much easier
if I was French) but I will not be thwarted. I will concentrate solely on
conversational Hebrew. I will learn on line with a cup of tea next to me and
my cat on my lap,(to encourage relaxation as I enter the world of the
virtual classroom.) So wish me luck, as this almost to be Safta immerse
herself in Hebrew every Sunday evening with my class at Istudyhebrew.com