[RBS] Clarification: re: Have you signed PETITION

Renee Halpert reneeh at netvision.net.il
Tue Oct 27 15:32:37 IST 2009

Just to Clarify.

The Petition for the Gan Leumi does not have any direct effect on the
current plans to build RBS-Gimmel-1 which went to "michraz" yesterday, as
this section of the site is not included in the Gan Leumi plan. The petition
DOES have impact on the rest of RBS construction plans.

The petition may also help us eventually determine some 'ground-rules' for
the RBS-g-1 construction - by pressuring our local government to adopt more
stringent regulations and by-laws (such as disposal/reuse of construction
debris, etc.)

Some people asked for a translation of the text, so here:
We, [residents of beit shemesh/residents from around the country], support
the battle to establish a National Park in the Beit Shemesh Hills.
As such, we wish to express our opposition to Taba (Land use registration)
BS/158. In our opinion, this plan does not appropriately take into
consideration the natural habitat and historically relevant treasures which
would be destroyed as a result of the current plans.
We request from the Regional Planning Commission to weigh in our favour our
request to change the Taba to include a National Park in the areas of Beit
Natif, Lamed Hey ridge and Tel Yarmut according to the plans prepared by the
National Parks Authority.

Beit Shemesh residents - sign: http://www.atzuma.co.il/petitionganleumi1/
Non-Beit Shemesh residents - sign:
http://www.atzuma.co.il/petitionganleumi21/