[RBS] Mr. Benny can moo, can you?

Miriam Druyan miriam.druyan at gmail.com
Mon Sep 7 21:12:57 IDT 2009

Alternate (boring) subject line: unsolicited plug for Benny's.

I went to the helige grand opening of Benny's Meat Emporium this
evening, and indeed, it was a gala event. There were even
refreshments, or I suspect there may have been; since there was a
layer of men three thick around the table.

Layered men notwithstanding, it's REALLY nice. It's a big, lovely,
spacious store, chock full of all manner of dead animals, fresh and
frozen, including many things I didn't even recognize. The selection
of previously mooing fresh meat was totally striking and lovely, if
you're into loads of fresh, red, thick, marbled meat. Fresh turkey
breast, lots of fresh chicken - Machpud, Rubin, Shearis as I recall,
possibly more.

They also have a really full selection of frozen vegetables (including
all the Bodek stuff - see, now you CAN threaten your children with
serving them brussels sprouts!) and all manner of condiments and
dressings and other yummy things (who knew there was such a thing as
Israeli panko breadcrumbs?).

The proprietor is especially warm and gregarious, and is the type of
person you could see wielding a skilled fork at a BBQ as he makes your
steak to perfection, you know? Incidentally, he's also a local RBS
resident.

In all sincerity, it reminded me of the better meat places in other
cities (like one off a street that may or may not rhyme with
'Bagrippas' and may or may not be called something akin to a chief
contributor to 'A Lesson a Day'), only bigger, nicer, and of course,
vastly more local.

Prices - I only glanced - looked downright reasonable too.

AND they deliver for free.

02-995-5888

Located in the ezor taasia Beit Shemesh, right before Kinor David if
you're coming from the Forbidden Back Road, or right after it on the
left if you're coming from Big.

Totally worth it. Order today. Then invite me to dinner.

-Miriam "no longer a vegetarian" Druyan