[RBS] Computer Courses and Chugim starting after Sukkot

lisigeffen elgopin at actcom.co.il
Tue Sep 22 09:56:18 IDT 2009

I have a few computer courses for adults and chugim for kids starting after Sukkot. Please let me know if you are interested in signing up for a class, or if you'd like more information about any of the classes.

All classes cost 120 NIS/month, and students must be able to bring a laptop to class to work on. They can practice during the week on any computer, even a desktop at home (I will help them set up software over the phone, if relevant) so they only need access to the laptop for the class itself.

1) Website Development for Teens, ages 13-16 (this class has already started but has a few open spots)
Time: Wed 20:15

Topics include:
Overview of web technologies
Writing HTML and CSS
Creating web graphics with The GIMP
Basic interactivity
SEO
Blogs, Wikis, CMS
Embedding Flickr, Youtube

2) Intro to Graphics for Teens, ages 13-16
Time: TBD

Topics include:
Raster graphics with Photoshop/The GIMP
Vector graphics with Fireworks/Inkscape
2d Animation with Flash/Synfig Studio
3d Modeling with Blender
Students will learn the basics of each program and understand the differences between each type of graphic.

3) Website Development for Adults
Time: Tue morning

Topics include:
Overview of web technologies
Writing HTML and CSS
Web graphics
Web Databases
Useability/SEO
Security and ethics online - Copyright
RSS, Podcasting
Streaming video, audio

4) Intro to Computers for Adults
Time: Tue morning

Topics include:
Care and Feeding of your Computer - What do all these parts do?
Ins and Outs of Word
Excel - beyond lists
Presentations with Power Point
Needle in a Haystack - Using Search Engines

Please email me at lisi at lifelong-learner.com or call 054-636-6157 for more information, or to sign up.

Thank you!
Lisi Geffen