[RBS] Turtle first aid?

Miriam Druyan miriam.druyan at gmail.com
Wed Sep 30 12:30:34 IST 2009

Due to an unfortunate combination of factors including but not limited
to sukka building, lawn clearing, bein hazmanim and a roaming
amphibian Testudo graeca...

We have a choleh in our backyard, Turtle W, who alas, had the top of
his shell mowed off.

Hatzala members (well, one of them) responded immediately to the
scene, and thoroughly bandaged the bleeding turtle. He (the turtle,
not the Hatzala guy) is currently resting on a bed of grass, with a
water dish and a baby Ptyodactylus guttatus as nursemaid.

But - we feel he may need more attention.

So - any volunteer turtle experts out there? Failing that, can anyone
recommend a good tortoise-friendly vet in the vicinity? And does
Meuchedet Adif cover this? (probably on Meuchedet C, right?)

Be careful before you mow in the high grass!

In lieu of flowers for the patient, please send contributions in his
merit to Lemaan Achai.