[RBS] psa shefa shuk's chicken sale, etc.

Riva Pomerantz joelriva at bezeqint.net
Sun Apr 18 12:24:31 IDT 2010

I was very excited to see Shefa Shuk's sale on chickens, with the purchase
of over 170 shekels of other products. Well, it turned out that I had done
my shopping the day before but 15 shekels a kilo for chicken was too good to
pass up. I asked a woman who was checking out if she was taking advantage of
the chicken sale and she wasn't, so she kindly agreed to let me take the
sale on her cheshbon. The man at the meat counter told me I could take
"b'erech" 4 kilos for 60 shekels, so when we rang up the chickens I paid the
60 shekels, verified with the cashier that the 60 shekels was the entire
amount that the chicken came out to, and that was that.

Wellllllll, today, I thought I'd catch the last day of the sale but when I
went to check out I noticed that after my bill rang up, out of about 140
shekels that the chicken totaled, only 44 shekels was deducted for the 4 kg
for 60 sale. The cashier explained to me that I had to pay the difference
above and beyond the 4 kilos of chicken and also, that if I had LESS than 4
kilo of chicken, the sale wouldn't go through. Because all the chickens in
the case weighed no less than 1.7 kilos and no more than 1.9 kilos, I was
forced to either pay for a full kilo+ of chicken at a high price ($26.99/kg)
or not take advantage of the sale at all. So, my purpose in posting this is
not to rant against Shefa Shuk's clumsy sale. It is only to point out that
unfortunately, I unknowingly stole from the woman who allowed me to put the
chicken on her bill because the chickens I took amounted to more than 4
kilos and therefore she must have been stuck paying for the rest of my
chicken! I didn't realize it at the time, and I don't even know the woman's
name or where she lives!

So if you did what I did and put your chicken on someone else's bill, just
be aware that it most likely exceeded 60 shekels. And if you are French and
very sweet, with a cute little toddler, and you remember a woman asking you
to help her out by putting chicken on your bill, please contact me so I can
pay you back!!

Take care,

Riva

Write on. Visit www.rivapomerantz.com!