[RBS] Beautiful tefilot at Menorat Hamaor

David Bar-Cohn david at 613design.com
Wed Apr 21 17:38:19 IDT 2010

I wanted to say how moved I was by the special Yom Ha'Atzmaut davening
yesterday at Menorat Hamaor. This was my first time ever attending such
a tefilah, and I found it to be such a pure and joyful expression of
gratitude, for this extraordinary tekufa we find ourselves in, and for
the tremendous opportunity we wake up to every day to build ourselves,
our people, and our land.

I want to thank the kehila of Menorat Hamaor and Rabbi Danny Myers (whom
I just met and is such a mentch!) for providing a makom where my own
feelings of gratitude for Israel could find concrete expression --
especially in what I felt was a very appropriate, respectful and
authentically Jewish expression, within the tefilah. What a joy it is to
find a treasure right in your own backyard -- both the Yom Ha'Atzmaut
davening as well as Menorat Hamaor. Once again, a sincere 'thank you'!

--David Bar-Cohn