[RBS] A/C not working well - tried 2 technicians so far

Brooke, Simon SBrooke at nds.com
Mon Aug 16 15:48:13 IDT 2010

Yes I know it's hot but it's been hot before.
So far, 2 technicians said we should move the outside unit to a more "airy" location at a cost of about 1000 shekels.
Unit is 12 years old and it's been ok till now.
They filled up the gas and we cleaned the filter.

A/C reduces temperature from 30 to 25 but not lower.

To get to this temperature we did a few things - don't know which ones really helped:
- built a tunnel to direct air away from unit
- closed all room vents apart from salon
- put fan by outside unit to disperse heat
- put bottles of frozen water by unit to try and reduce local temperature

Any other ideas?
Anyone else having this problem? I didn't see any postings on the list.

The technicians were both recommended to us.

This message is confidential and intended only for the addressee. If you have received this message in error, please immediately notify the postmaster at nds.com and delete it from your system as well as any copies. The content of e-mails as well as traffic data may be monitored by NDS for employment and security purposes.

An NDS Group Limited company. www.nds.com