[RBS] New Charity for Kids with Cancer

Izzy Bromberg izzy.bromberg at gmail.com
Sun Aug 29 10:51:10 IDT 2010

Good Morning & Shavua Tov,

Update: Thanks to those of you who have donated. We should be able to
purchase our first set of Netbooks soon.

Now that we are in Elul - preparing ourselves for Elul and Tshuva - we felt
it was an appropriate time to kick off - Zichron Yosef.

What is Zichron Yosef?

After a recent visit to a cancer unit at Hadassah Ein Keren Hospital - we
saw many great kids in different stages of their treatment -many of these
kids are confined to the hospital for weeks on end. As you can imagine,
these kids don't really have much to do - after all it is a hospital.
Furthermore, their poor loved ones - who spend many hours by their side, are
also in need of some release and ability to work or communicate with others.

Therefore we decided to establish Zichron Yosef, in memory of Joseph
Bromberg Z"L. Zichron Yosef's goal is to provide kids on long term hospital
care, with a netbook computer loaded with useful software and games as well
as a wireless connection to the internet.

Our hope is that these computers will make the treatment a little less
difficult for the kids and their families. The netbook computers will be
loaned to the children for the duration of their treatments - allowing them
to really have a tool that they can use and enjoy.

Zichron Yosef is a recognized charity in Israel and in the US. We are proud
to be affiliated with Lema'an Achai Israel, an organization dedicated to
helping the needy get back on their feet.

To make a donation: For All Donations please write Zichron Yosef on top of
the check.

For US Checks:

Please make checks payable to:

American Friends of Lemaan Achai Inc