[RBS] TSHUVA: cargo ship sank off of Ashdod at 11 am. this morning

Neil Kummer neil at kefintl.com
Mon Dec 13 10:18:20 IST 2010

I apologize if I have somehow offended by my half serious remark
that a cargo ship sinking is an indicator of the importance of buying marine
insurance for your shipment.

In fact, this is an extremely rare event-the first time in my 32 years
in this business that it has happened to an Israel bound cargo vessel.

Ships have hit land.  Containers have been thrown overboard, dropped,
and punctured by cranes.   Shipments have gone up in flames.  But these
represent a tiny fraction of the claims.

Most claims are from far less dramatic causes-drops, scratches, water-damage,
loss, breakage..

Thanks,
Neil Kummer

Kef International Relocations  since 1979
Shipping, Appliances, Concierge, and Realty

Israel 02-673-5043, US 1-866-425-5224
Canada  1-647-955-3602   England 44-203-129-6901
Fax:   US/Can  1-734-401-7121 ISR 02-673-5053
www.kefintl.com<http://www.kefintl.com/>