[RBS] Compost Workshops - continue this week

Renee Halpert reneeh at netvision.net.il
Mon Dec 13 18:55:33 IST 2010

The public is invited to participate in the upcoming compost workshops.

WHEN:
1/ Friday, Dec. 17th we will make an interesting visit to several active
compost sites in the surrounding moshavim
9:00-11:30 am. Meet at Matnas Meyerhof @8:50. Travel is by private car -
looking to create carpools so please respond. (yes, I know it's a fast
day.trust me, looking at compost doesn't increase the appetite).
2/ Monday, Dec. 20th 19:00-21:00 Matnas Meyerhof. Continuation of practical
composting workshop.

WHAT: Learn all about composting your organic waste, caring for your compost
pile in winter, using the compost you create in your garden/planter boxes,
using worms (vermicompost), keeping the pile 'clean', etc.

COST: 80NIS for both sessions (new participants). Participants will have
first priority for reduced-cost composters that the City of Beit Shemesh
will be offering in the coming weeks.

WHO: Adults, teens, gardeners, educators.etc

For details or to register, please respond to this mail.

This is a joint project of Matnas Meyerhof, Forum Shemesh Yehuda, City of
Beit Shemesh, "Sorek" Regional Environment Unit.

Renee Halpert
Forum Shemesh Yehuda for the Environment & Sustainability
Tel/Fax: 02-9992208
reneeh at netvision.net.il
Cell: 0523506592