[RBS] Matan Tanach tiyulim are coming to Bet Shemesh!

engelberg@ieee.org whyvette.e at gmail.com
Sun Dec 19 20:13:57 IST 2010

Please reply to: Matan Bet Shemesh <matanbetshemesh at gmail.com>

Have you always wanted to attend a Matan Tanach tiyul,  but never had
the chance?
Well, now you do !!!!!
This semester, Matan Bet Shemesh is offering two exciting Tanach
tiyulim, lead by the renowned and dynamic Matan tour guide,
Shulie Mishkin!
Both tiyulim will take place in the general Beit Shemesh area.

Tiyul #1
Sunday morning, February 6, 2011    9am - 1pm
David and Goliath: How mighty were the Philistines? What was the
secret of David’s victory over Goliath? How did the Holy Ark return to
Judah from the land of the Philistines? Why is all this still so
important today that “King David” was the cover story of December’s
“National Geographic” magazine? We’ll visit Tel Bet Shemesh, Tel Azeka
and Tel Gat and try to answer these questions and more.

Tiyul #2
Sunday morning, March 6, 2011      9am – 1pm
Philistines Upon You Samson! We’ll look at Samson’s home base, between
Tzora and Eshtaol, and get some background on his tribe of Dan and why
they had to search for a new place to live. Then we’ll see the other
side of the story, the Philistines, by visiting the “Philistine
street” at Kibbutz Revadim, site of Biblical Ekron.

There is so much history in our own back yard! Get to know it with a
Tanach in hand! Don’t miss this exciting opportunity!

To register, please email matanbetshemesh at gmail.com

NIS 50 per tiyul  -   Sign up for both and pay NIS 90! Payment must be
received in advance to reserve your place.
Transportation not included
Both tiyulim are dependent upon sufficient enrollment.
Registration deadline for first tiyul: Sun. Jan. 23, 2011
Men and women invited