[RBS] EVENT: Learn to publish a book

Fern Reiss fernreiss at aol.com
Sat Feb 6 19:29:52 IST 2010

Hi all,
If you're interested in finding a literary agent or self-publishing,
or just wondering how to publicize a book, try my publishing workshop in
Jerusalem; details at www.publishinggame.com/workshops_il.htm
Best,
/Fern

If you've always wanted to publish a book, now's your opportunity.
Bostonian Fern Reiss, author of the bestselling "Publishing Game"
series, and director of AssociationofWriters.com, will teach a
workshop on how to find a literary agent, how to self-publish, and how
to successfully promote your book in the US and Europe.

* Create a proposal to hook an agent
* Craft the perfect book package—title, cover, printing, the works
* Print books for $2—and sell them for $25
* Decide on traditional publishing versus self-publishing versus POD
* Set up your own publishing house
* Sell your book in bookstores & libraries
* Promote your book online through social media
* Learn effective print/broadcast publicity techniques
* Figure out how to publicize your book from Israel

"Thank you, Fern, for this truly marvelous workshop!  You have managed
to outline the fundamental workings and processes of the publishing
world while helping us avoid beginner's mistakes -- I feel equipped
now to get out there with the new tools and tips I've learned.  I
appreciate your professional and kind attitude--your years of
experience are a boon for all of us newcomers in the field of
publishing!"  Bronwen Manning-Rozenblum, Tel Aviv

"Fern Reiss knows more about publishing than anyone I've ever met.
The pleasant, fun mood she sets in her workshop is a reflection of the
kind of person she is."  Ruth Mason, Jerusalem

"I am very thankful I had the opportunity to attend Fern's Publishing
Game Workshop.  I learned a great deal and I highly recommend her
workshop to anyone who wants to have anything to do with the
publishing world.  I'm convinced that my return will be at least 20-30
times the price of the seminar."  Ben Goldfarb, Jerusalem

"Fern's workshop and consulting helped me develop my ideas to sell
books to non-bookstores.  With 12,000 copies pre-sold even before the
book was printed, the numbers speak for themselves!"  Stuart Ballan,
Tel Aviv

Cost is $195 / 723 NIS.  The two-evening course
will be held on Tuesdays, Feb 23 and March 2, from 7-9:30 pm, in the
Baka’a
neighborhood of Jerusalem. Price includes course workbook and light
(kosher) refreshments.
For more information see  www.publishinggame.com/workshops_il.htm