[RBS] Q: cleaning lady: pay per hour or per meter?

Aryeh Koenigsberg aryeh.koenigsberg at gmail.com
Sun Jan 3 22:13:35 IST 2010

Listers,

I've heard that some cleaning ladies (for homes,
and not for building stairwells) are switching from
being paid by the hour to being paid by the size
of your home -- sort of like on a kablanut basis.

That is, they make sure that your home is clean,
regardless of how much (or little) time this takes
them, and their pay is the same for each visit,
regardless of how much (or little) time they
actually worked during each visit.

Now, I can't seem to get my head wrapped
around this new form of capitalism. So, please,
if you have wisdom, thoughts or gripes about this,
please reply. I'll summarize to the list, if there is
enough public interest.

Thanks!

--
Aryeh Koenigsberg