[RBS] seeking help for new Girl's Midrasha

Avi & Adina Landy lardya at 012.net.il
Tue Jan 12 01:01:41 IST 2010

Posting for a friend, I have no further information:

A center for teenage girls (aged 15-19) who are in the 'early risk phase' of
leaving school and/or off 'the derech' grants group and personal support
whilst they are still attending school, yet are beginning to show signs of
dropping out of the framework

We have gained experience with a group of Israeli girls over several months
and are currently setting up a model for English-speaking and Israeli girls.
These groups are at an advanced stage of establishment. The proposed site
will be the Hall of Moshe Sachrun School in Nahal Refaim, but we will be
pleased to hear other options.

The center currently offers once a week activity that includes:
1) a fascinating lecture
2) social activities together with a team of warm counselors, who can relate
to the girls, and
3) Refreshments.

The Center also arranges gatherings, outings, group activities and courses
within the confines of the budget.
The team also makes personal contact with the girl throughout the week by
means of visits, joint outings, telephone calls, etc.

Our counselors grant support to the girls with their difficulties at home,
school, social group, etc. – like a big sister or maternal figure –
hence helps to prevent her in real time from deteriorating.

In order to enable the Midrasha to act effectively we require:
1. Educational director – preferably married, young-spirited with a
background understanding of girls under duress and with the potential to
lead a team of counselors and to make contact with the various professional
organizations. The work would be primarily during the evening but part could
be carried out during the day. Preference would be for a woman with contacts
and acquaintances in the Ramat Bet Shemesh area.
2. Organizational director responsible for the technical side, e.g. food and
drinks, lecturers, printed material, sending messages between the teams and
the girls – may be assisted by another preferably voluntary team.
3. Counselors – preferably unmarried women, aged 19-24, from the Ramat Bet
Shemesh area, who can connect with these girls and devote themselves to
their young spiritedness. They should have high values and be very
motivated. These counselors would be paid in part or be volunteers.
4. Information about additional places relevant for establishing activity.
5. Men lecturers and women lecturers on educational topics capable of
keeping the girls' interest; counselors for the interesting and useful group
activities and workshops, e.g. make-up, graphics, aerobics, art, posters,
etc. – all of these for a reasonable price or on a voluntary basis.
6. Donations for the various programs.

Since we are planning two groups, we would be pleased to accept participants
with either Israeli or American background.
For details, please contact Rav Benyahu either by Email bdvir1 at gmai.com or
Tel. 054-3975-113