[RBS] FYI: Your package is being returned

Jennifer Bloom jbloom at accepted.com
Wed Jan 20 14:42:30 IST 2010

I went to the RBS post office today with a package slip that I received last
week. This was the first notice of the package, a second notice has yet to
arrive (and I checked mail this morning). On the slip in marker was a big
number 43.
The nice woman at the desk took one look at that and said my package would
have been sent back already. Why? Because they receive about 50-60 packages
a week and number them; number 43 would have been from the first week of
January (the slip was dated the  4th of January), too long to be sitting
around there (today is the 20th).
She passed the buck of course - it's not they who distribute (or don't!) the
postcard notifications, but then she pointed to some bags at the front of
the room. In these were the packages about to be returned when the postal
service showed up later today, and she allowed me to look through to find if
mine was in there. Luckily, it was and so was one for a neighbor of mine up
the block - she allowed me to take that too.
So the point is you have just a few days to go pick up your packages now. Do
not delay and do not count on a second postcard to remind you that it is
there.
Regards,
Jennifer Bloom