[RBS] How not to behave in shul...

rebecca aminoff albertandrebecca at yahoo.co.uk
Sun Jan 24 11:45:42 IST 2010

I could not make my minyan this morning,so I decided to daven B'yachid in a shul.About 15 minutes before I finished, I was told twice in no uncertain terms to move from my place, as the section i was sitting in was "the office of the kollel",albiet it 1 simple mechitzah on the side of the shul.After a period of time explaining to them that I was in the middle of davening, and this was no way to act towards to a fellow Jew, I decided to move.I was deeply hurt and very upset, as I saw no reason and no justification for this disgraceful lack of "Achdut". When people daven in your shul, whether they be strangers or regulars, surely the goal is to increase kavanah and not interrupt about petty seating arrangments.
Is this what I made Aliyah for? Is this how we should treat each other?
This Friday night in Beis Tefillah in the Ramah, there will be a community wide Oneg Shabbat for "Achdut" in the community.Everyone should be aware of how to act towards their Fellow Jew, and this would be a wonderful occasion to encourage this.

Albert Aminoff