[RBS] [RBS2] An Amazing Evening!

Phil'n'Chanie Rosenfelder philnchanie at gmail.com
Thu Jan 28 14:48:26 IST 2010

i understadnd that Yael Van Dyke emphasized the importance fo children
reading in hebrew in order to succeed at school.
i woudl liek to add another piece of advice - have the hebrew radio / tapes
playign in the background almos tall teh time.   In a short period of time,
you will notice on yourself and your children that your brain will  simply
start thinkign in hebrew.  Give yourself enough time, and you will find
yourself laughing at Hagashash Hahiver. :-)

Ps - as much as we want our children to be fully bilingual, the priority has
to be on hebrew if we want them to feel at hoem in Israel adn succeed in
Israeli life, schools, army, sherut leumi, etc.  We,as aduts who made aliyah
and have some self-esteem, can allow ourselves to feel a bit foolish going
to teh dr, but our kids, for their functioning AND self-esteem, need to feel
anchored (fluent)