[RBS] Small boys and matches!

Tanya Benchetrit tanyab01 at mscc.huji.ac.il
Sun Jan 31 20:02:42 IST 2010

Whilst out walking with my children in RBS A this afternoon I came across a
group of young boys (aged approx. between 6-11) who were playing with
matches. They had just purchased the matches in the nearby makolet and were
using them to burn candles as they were walking down the street. The boys
were all English-speakers. After warning the boys of the danger involved (of
which they were obviously aware), I spoke with the cashier who had sold them
the matches. The cashier claims that they generally do not sell matches/
lighters to young children but that these boys often come in to buy things
for their mother and they seemed genuine.
I sincerely hope this (or any other) makolet will not sell such items to
youngsters again. Please warn your children of the dangers involved! If you
have any other suggestions as to how to avoid such situations, I would love
to hear them!
Kol tuv,
Tanya Benchetrit
Concerned parent and RBS A resident!