[RBS] It's REALLY no Joke!**LAUGH THERAPY WORKSHOP**coming to RBS!

Sarah Tikvah Studio kornbluth at 013net.net
Sun Jan 31 21:36:28 IST 2010

SARAH TIKVAH STUDIO'S  is bringing the well known laugh therapist, YEHUDIT
KOTLER, who has been written about in Binah Mag. and Hamodia amongst other
publications.

With tremendous success and a great following, YEHUDIT KOTLER will be
sharing her workshop with us in RBS this motz. shobbos-

FEB. 6

8:45pm

Luz 12/1 (The Piha Family)

35 nis adv/ 45nis at door

PLEASE RESERVE in advance - limited space !

CALL - SARAH TIKVAH'S STUDIO- 999-3634

What is a Laughter Workshop? Laughter workshops include group activities
with a variety of laughter exercises which are a simple and efficient way to
induce laughter for no reason-laughter which is both contagious and
liberating. The exercises bring out our inner child, filling our eyes with
tears of joy.

The workshop includes laughter, breathing, song, dance and movement in a
group setting, which generates bonding among the participants in a
comfortable, fun, and exciting atmosphere.

Who are laughter workshops for? Everyone! Parties, Offices, teachers,
professionals, students, family gatherings, birthday parties, organizations,
bat mitzvahs, retirement homes, team bonding and more.

Benefits of Laughter: It reduces stress, strengthens our immune systems, and
raises our energy levels. When we laugh, we release endorphins, which reduce
pain and increase joy and happiness.

Since the laughter we are aiming for is not induced by jokes and humor,
rather by the understanding that it improves our health and makes us feel
good, we give it our all and laugh for no reason through our laughter
exercises. Keeping in mind what Rebbe Nachman M'Breslov taught us, that
movement of the body generates excitement in the heart, we dance, sing,
breathe, and enjoy with lots of laughter and happiness.

One minute of belly laughter is equivalent to 3-10 minutes at the gym. In
one hour of hearty laughter you can burn up to 500 calories!

What happens at a laughter workshop (which takes about an hour):

J I explain the benefits of laughter and share laughter stories to
demonstrate how laughter can be used to enhance our lives.

J I give background on the development of laughter workshops based on the
research of Dr. Kataria, founder of the world movement Laugh for No Reason

J I demonstrate laughter exercises and then we do them together having lots
of fun, culminating in complete laughter relaxation.

J I connect the workshop to the season, the holiday, Rosh Chodesh, the
weekly Torah portion, or the reason for the occasion and incorporate sources
from Chazal, Rebbe Nachman, and other Jewish sources relating to joy,
simcha, and laughter.