[RBS] upcoming Likrat Kallah event

Pinhasik's saddav at zahav.net.il
Thu Jul 15 11:03:18 IDT 2010

We have already started planning our annual Likrat Kallah event (usually
held in Tishrei or Cheshvan).  This event is crucial for the gemach since it
significantly enables us to keep helping the many kallahs who turn to us for
help.

B"H, to date, we have helped 976 kallahs and Be'ezrat H-shem, this Sunday,
we will help another 30 kallahs!!!  So many of these kallahs are orphaned or
come from homes where someone is ill.  Many kallahs are baalei teshuva or
converts who have no parental support as they begin their new lives.
Receiving 6 new household items from Likrat Kallah is truly a breath of
fresh air for them-one less thing they need to struggle to find the funds to
cover, at a time when they are struggling  to the costs of a basic wedding.
(all our kallahs spend minimum amounts on the wedding hall/caterer , etc,
since it is superfluous to say, that they don't have the money to cover this
as well).

So, we are asking you if you would like to chip in on this mitzva and help
sponsor our upcoming event.
Silver sponsor:  250 nis
Gold sponsor:500 nis
Platinum sponsor: (and I'll be your best friend!) 750 nis.
(you can receive a receipt, recognized for tax purposes)

Remember that the mitzvah of Hachnasat Kallah, as explained by the Steipler
Rav, has the special power for a refuah shleimah.  This, the Steipler
explained, is seen in our morning tefillot, "Ailu Dvarim She-adam Ochal
Perotaheim ...."  The mitzvah of Hachnassat Kallah comes in between Bikur
Cholim and Levayat Hamat.  Sort of a strange placement for a happy mitzvah
but the Steipler explained that the reason is -  that this mitzvah has the
power to be a buffer between Bikur Cholim and Levayat Hamat.  The Rav of
Belgium (Rav Kriesworth-forgive me if the spelling is off) asked the
Steipler for a segula for a refuah shelimah and was given this answer.  He
became involved in the mitzvah and merited to live many more years.

Also, helping H-shem's kallahs has a very special merit for your very own
kallahs and chatanim who need to find their zivug.  As Rebbetzin Rottman
from Neve Yerushalayim,
said, "If you want H-shem to help you with your kallahs, you have to be
helping H-shem with His kallahs."

I urge you to get involved and grab this mitzvah.

Please be in touch if you are interested.

Sadeena Pinhasik  999-4463