[RBS] the request for urgent help is most definitely a scam

Riva Pomerantz joelriva at bezeqint.net
Wed Jun 2 20:42:37 IDT 2010

I recently received a very similar email to the one supposedly issued today
from the Hamburgs' account, from one of my contacts. I was a bit suspicious,
but my ahavas Yisrael got the better of me and I responded. Well, I got back
a strange response from someone whom, it turned out, had hijacked my
associate's gmail account and was now trying to get me to wire him money by
imitating this contact. I called this person on the phone and he verified
what had happened.

So don't respond to any of these emails! Also, the person whose email
account was stolen told me that he had actually received a similar email
from a contact of HIS just a short while prior. So just make sure that your
email account is safe and protected, with a good, strong password, because
it isn't fun to be scammed and have all your contacts scammed too!

Riva

Write on. Visit www.rivapomerantz.com!