[RBS] Cellphone Company Antennas

Catriel Lev clev at actcom.com
Tue Jun 8 15:26:38 IDT 2010

There has been a lot of debate about the antennas which the cellphone companies have constructed around Bet Shemesh, and especially about those which were placed on top of the new shopping center on Nachal Dolev in RBS. I know citizens from both sides of the debate in our neighborhood, and I am sure that they are all well-meaning.

I wish to propose a way of confronting this issue to which I think all sides can (or, at least, could possibly) agree:

The public pressure should concentrate upon demanding that there always be a legal requirement for a company to obtain municipal approval of any type of antenna, and that the request for such approval MUST INCLUDE FULL DISCLOSURE of amounts (and types) of radiation generated by the antenna under all circumstances, and that the public always be granted a reasonable period of time to review the request, and file objections, before it is approved!

According to the cellphone companies' claims that there are no health hazards generated by these antennas, there is no reason why they should not agree to such a proposal! In fact, agreeing to such a proposal would have positive PR value for them.

For a more complete presentation of my views see my blog post:
http://vehashalomvehaemmet.blogspot.com/2010/06/mobile-phones-and-cellular-system.html

Bivrachah,

כתריאל לב
רמת בית שמש