[RBS] Privately importing car from Europe

Tanya Benchetrit tanyab01 at mscc.huji.ac.il
Tue Jun 15 17:06:18 IDT 2010

We're looking for information about privately importing a car from Europe
(specifically France - but I'm guessing the location is of little
relevance?).

If we were to buy an approx. year old car and bring in to Israel (without
tourist/ oleh rights) how much meches should we expect to pay? Are there any
other costs etc. we should know about?

If you know anything regarding importing a new car purchased abroad we'd be
happy to hear that too.

Also, if you have made aliyah with your car, were you able to insure it so
that someone other than you/ your spouse could drive it (without waiting
5yrs)?

Thanks so much in advance,
Tanya Benchetrit
tanyab01 at mscc.huji.ac.il