[RBS] Cheerfully Changed - THE CHEER MAIL!

Rabbi Ari Enkin rabbiari at hotmail.com
Mon Mar 22 16:51:40 IST 2010

In this edition of "The Cheer Mail", Cheerfully Changed is pleased to share with you:

Excerpts From The Cheerfully Changed Passover Haggada

***************

Bitul:

This formula is to be recited Erev Pesach before the 6th hour. According to Zalman Arnow, it should be recited, l'chumra, every day of the year:

"All money changers, to the exclusion of Cheerfully Changed, which I have patronized or I have not patronized, which I have visited or I have not visited, which I have inquired to their rates or have not inquired to their rates, should be annulled and considered as the dust of the earth"

******************

Raise a U.S. Dollar and Recite:

This is the Currency of Affliction that our fathers used in the land of America. Whoever is taxed beyond belief - let him come and eat with us, whoever is unemployed - let him come and conduct the Passover Seder with us. This year we are in Ramat Beit Shemesh, Next Year may we be in the built up land of Israel. This year we under Obama and Netanyahu, next year may we be under Melech Hamashiach. (Some add: the "REBBE" Melech Hamashiach)
*********************
Why is this Money Changer different from all other Money Changers?

(1) At all other money changers we sometimes get lousy rates and sometimes we get good rates. At Cheerfully Changed, we only get good rates.

 (2) At all other money changers the amount of shekels we get on our transactions is always bitter. At Cheerfully Changed, it's always sweet.

 (3) At all other money changers we simply come and go. At Cheerfully Changed, we come, we're greeted nicely, and we can leave with free coffee and a massage voucher.

(4) At all other money changers we sometimes get lousy service and sometimes we get good service. At Cheerfully Changed, we only get good service.

 *******************

It once happened that Rabbi Eliezer, Rabbi Yehoshua, Rabbi Elazar ben Azarya,
Rabbi Akiva and Rabbi Tarfon were conducting their Seder in Bnei Brak. They were
discussing the Exodus from Egypt the entire night until their students came and told them what kind of rates Cheerfully Changed was offering. They immediately concluded their Seder and ran to the nearest branch of Cheerfully Changed as fast as they possibly could in order to avoid long lines.

*********************

The Four Sons of Money Changing

The Wise  Son -  What  does  he  say?  “What  are  these rates, services, and options that Cheerfully Changed has offered you? You are to tell him about all the advantages in using Cheerfully Changed – that one may not go any place else once having used them.

The Wicked Son - What does he say? "What do all these great rates and service mean  to you”? He says `to you,' but not 'to him'! By excluding himself from all the benefits that the community enjoys, he deserves to be ripped off. You therefore rip him off as best you can. Give him the Euro rate for Sterling Pounds, give him the Canadian rate for U.S. Dollars.  Had God not given Ramat Beit Shemesh a branch of Cheerfully Changed he would never have any of his money changed.

The Simple Son - What does he say?. “What do these rates and services  mean”? To him you pat his shoulder and say “Trust me, trust me, use Cheerfully Changed, you won't be disappointed."

And the one who does not know how to ask? You must speak to him, and explain to him, "Because of God's kindness, He gave us Cheerfully Changed after you left America."

***************************

Marror-

For the mitzva of marror one must eat a kezayit of a bitter vegetable. Romaine lettuce or horseradish root is to be preferred. One who is unable to acquire these vegetables can be yotzai the mitzva of marror by  merely asking the person beside you what rate he received today at the competing money changer.

One Money Changer

…..AND THEN CAME  Cheerfully Changed and beat up the competitor who beat up the imposter who swallowed the cheater who squashed the liar who burnt the conniver who whipped the scamster who bit the defrauder who ate the counterfeiter where my father got ripped off by two agurot.

Cheerfully Changed, Cheerfully Changed.

NOTE: This writer enjoys a cordial relationship with all area money changers. This email is not intended to reflect any money changer within 100 miles of Beit Shemesh --- it is for entertainment purposes only.

CHAG KASHER V'SAMEACH
Cheerfully Changed will be closed all of Pesach.

Ari Enkin
RBS Resident