[RBS] Important protest next week to save Beer Hatikva

engelberg@ieee.org whyvette.e at gmail.com
Thu Nov 11 00:48:45 IST 2010

Please reply to: Dov Lipman <ddlipman at gmail.com>
Gil Karasenty and Be'er HaTikva have become household names for many in Bet
shemesh. Children of all ages, even those already of army age feel great
pride in the fact that they participated
in restoring and building one of the  most meaningful beautiful parts of Bet
Shemesh. Gil's summer camps are legendary together with his tiyulim and
chugim which teach a commitment to nature, and environmental issues

Over the last ten years, Be'er HaTikva has become the center for these
activities workshops during the Chagim including concerts for the youth,
agriculture for the Ethiopian community and simply, a lovely respite for
local and visiting groups.

Thanks to the enthusiastic activity of Gil and our children in the Be'er,
the Ministry of Education has set up an agricultural farm, where school
children can come and take part in these activities as
part of their formal education. >
All of the above makes it simply inconceivable however that all the extra
curricular programs that Gil has created over the years and was planning on
continuing
have been cancelled. Right now, the area has been closed off to the general
public.

We will be protesting in front of city hall on Tuesday November 16 at
4:30p.m. to demand the continuation of Gil's wonderful programs in Be'er
HaTikva, and that our children should be allowed entry to the
'Well of Hope" that they themselves have built and planted.
Please make plans to attend and I will update the list with more information
as we get closer to the event.  Dov Lipman