[RBS] Problem with BS gas company

Cindy Richard adina.cindy at gmail.com
Mon Oct 4 14:33:23 IST 2010

Can anyone tell me, if there are central gas pipes outside our house, that
lead from the meter to our house, who is responsible for replacing them? The
gas company says that they need replacing. They also say they aren't their
responsibility because these pipes lead to our individual house. I am told
by people I've asked that all pipes outside the house are the gas company's
responsibility.

Aren't there standard rules that say who is responsible in cases like these?
To whom can I report this, since the gas company isn't moving on this and
they tell me that the pipes are below standard, which is potentially
dangerous.

Thanks, Cindy