[RBS] Excel Help- Clean a list

YGZier gzier at zahav.net.il
Tue Aug 2 23:22:46 IDT 2011

I have an Excel address list that has columns of information that needs to
be separated.

This is an example of a row - 3 columns:

 PO BOX 360  , LONG BAY, NY                            125830000
JUDY WILLIAMS/3472 MAIN RD/LONG BAY, NY/12583

 1)I need the first column separated where the commas are, so it will be 3
fields – Address, City, State.

2)The second column is a zip code and I need to remove the last 4 digits

3)The 3rd column, I need the name that appears before the first backslash
(/) into a separate column

 If we can clean this list, it can be used to help a Tzedaka organization.

 I can export the list if that makes it easier. I can provide a few more
rows if that helps.

Thanks in advance

Yaakov Zier