[RBS] They told us eczema, but Dr. Robert Cohen knew better!

Yael and Yehonasan Crow jcrow at bezeqint.net
Thu Aug 4 09:55:02 IDT 2011

Over a course of a year, we were told by three excellent (and I mean that
sincerely) doctors (including a dermatologist) that my child had eczema.  We
were given steroid creams to treat him when things got bad enough.
Sometimes he got the rash on his stomach, and sometimes it spread to other
parts of his body – at least one time it was all over his body, including
behind his ears.

Arthur Jacobs (thank you, Arthur Jacobs!) recommended some excellent cream
that helped us avoid the steroids much of the time, but my child was still
suffering, and we weren’t happy giving the steroid creams.

Over the Shabbos table one day, my mother (thank you, Mommy!) mentioned that
there was a new allergist in town, Dr. Robert Cohen, who had an excellent
reputation in Georgia.  I had no idea if he could help with eczema, but
during the week, I decided to call his office and ask.  I thought I would be
telling my problems to his secretary, but he called me back and gave me a
lot of time and asked me many questions.  Just from speaking on the phone,
he said his gut reaction was that it wasn’t eczema but rather a nickel
allergy.

Approximately six months ago, my husband and I took our child to Dr. Cohen
to be tested.  Dr. Cohen did diagnose a nickel allergy.  After making some
minor changes (e.g., trousers without metal closures, covering the back of
my son’s watch, etc.), I am very happy to say that my son has been cured of
his “eczema”.

We would like to publicly thank and heartily recommend Dr. Robert Cohen!
And thank you to Hashem for sending us such a wonderful shaliach!

Sincerely,
Yael and Yehonasan Crow