[RBS] Tish'a B'av thoughts

Phil'n'Chanie Rosenfelder philnchanie at gmail.com
Tue Aug 9 15:38:20 IDT 2011

I am writing to these lists because we are people with different hashkafot

Tish'a b'av, actually the whole three weeks, we mourn the fact that Hashem
felt we don;t deserve to Dwell In His House

A taxi driver once said to me that he doesn't know why we daven for the Beit
Hamikdash as long as we would not be willing to daven there with other jews
anyhow

So, i thought, maybe a post-tish'a b'av tikkun, that shows that even after
the mourning period, we want to repair the damage,
we ought to try davka
to daven in shuls in which we "would never daven"
make friends with other jews with whom we "would never make friends"
do hessed davka for Jews from other groups, not "anshei shlomeinu"
teach our kids that "those jews" have many positive points (the "bad"
doesn't cancel the good)

just a  thought