[RBS] Hear Ye............ Hear Ye

Wedcliffe Family wedcliffe at gmail.com
Mon Aug 22 23:35:21 IDT 2011

A special screening of the *Dunera Boys* will be held at the Menorat Hamaor
Shul - Hamaor c/r HaBesor RBS A - this motzei Shabbat at 9.00 p.m.

Nominal donation

 Plus a short address by Sandra Braude.

The film is an exciting & gripping account of a lesser  known World War II
story. The people involved, mainly scientists, academics and artists who had
fled to Britain from Nazi Austria and Germany at the outbreak of the war,
were considered a security threat after the fall of France. Under the orders
of Winston Churchill, they were sent from Liverpool on the military
transport ship *Dunera* in July 1940. Their arrival in Australia - after a
57-day journey in appalling conditions - was seen as the greatest injection
of talent to enter Australia on a single vessel

See you there.

 The opposite of love is not hate, it's indifference. The opposite of art is
not ugliness, it's indifference. The opposite of faith is not heresy, it's
indifference. And the opposite of life is not death, it's indifference.

    - Elie Wiesel<http://www.jewish-wisdom.com/index.php?submit=author&a=Elie+Wiesel>

A mother understands what a child does not
say.<http://www.quotationspage.com/quote/34271.html> Yiddish
Saying

 Do not be wise in words - be wise in
deeds.<http://www.quotationspage.com/quote/34518.html>Yiddish Saying

"I was thrown out of college for cheating in the metaphysics exam; I looked
into the soul of the boy next to me."         *Woody Allen.*
**
"And God said, 'Let there be light' and there was light, but the Electricity
Company said He would have to wait until Thursday to be connected."
*Spike Milligan*