[RBS] Orot Banot School Update

Michael Barnett michael at rankabove.com
Wed Aug 31 10:03:11 IDT 2011

A message from the Vaad Horim:

Slightly after midnight, we received the following message from our
principal, Pirchiya:

"I received orders from the supervisor (i.e.: the Ministry of Education) to
come to school tomorrow morning in order to prepare for the opening of the
school year. The police are supposed to open the school building for us.
This is pursuant to a decision of Minister Aharonovitch (Minister of
Internal Security). He requested that there be no disruptions of order or
provocations, nor any students or parents present. On Thursday we will have
a regular school day."

This means that on Wednesday morning at 8 AM Pirchiya and her staff will
arrive to prepare the building for the opening of the school year, and as of
now, we are asking you NOT to come to the school during the day.

Since over the course of the past few days, we have seen that the situation
is quite fluid, we ask that you continue to look for our updates.

Furthermore, since the struggle for the school is NOT OVER TILL IT IS OVER,
and it is important to continue to apply pressure and to demonstrate
strength, we plan on holding our march as scheduled.

The march will begin at 17:30 from the Super Hatzlacha parking lot in
Scheinfeld, and together we will march to OUR school.

Please do not bring inappropriate signs, meaning anything nasty or
provocative. Any signs with negative messages will not be allowed to be used
in the march!!!!

Once again, we thank you for all your help and support!!!!

Michal and Esti
Vaad Horim Orot Banot